Turbo Broiler Recipe 6: Twice Baked Potatoes
Here’s another easy-to-make turbo broiler recipe. The steps are simple, but it took a lot of time because the potatoes baked for around an hour. Check out the recipe below:
You Will Need:
250 grams bacon
225 grams quick melt cheese
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
- Wash the potatoes. Pat them dry.
- Stab the potatoes on several places with a fork. This will ensure that steam will not build up inside them.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and salt. This will make the potato skins crispy.
- Bake in the turbo broiler for 1 hour at 200 degrees.
- After an hour, take them off the heat. Remove a small piece so that you can scoop out the insides of the baked potatoes. This will be used to make mashed potato filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, milk, and salt with the potato flesh that you scooped out. Mix well.
- Fill the hollowed potato skins with cheese and bacon. Add mashed potatoes. Add more bacon. Top with more mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Broil for about 10 minutes at 200 degrees or until the cheese melts. Remove from heat and sprinkle dried thyme on top.
This is best served while still warm, so that you can enjoy the crisp potato skin. You can use ham if you don’t like bacon. Or whatever filling you’d like to add. You can even put an egg on top, instead of adding that second mashed potato layer.
I hope you try this dish. If you would like to get your own turbo broiler, you can click here.
Until me next post. Cheers!