Turbo Broiler Recipe 4: Flour-less Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cups (or more) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Pre- heat your turbo broiler at 190 degrees (375 in a regular oven).
- Combine the oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the peanut butter and the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the oats, sugar, and salt that you mixed earlier.
- Add the chopped chocolate. Mix carefully.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture in a greased and floured baking tray. The dough spreads a bit, so make sure that there is at least 2 inches in between the cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes before taking them off the tray.
These cookies are healthy-ish because I used rolled oats. They came out chewy and the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is really good. If you don’t like chocolate, you can add dried fruit instead. You can also use other nut butters that you have. I am not sure if you can use instant oats. I preferred rolled oats because of the texture.
If you want to grab your own turbo broiler, or any other kitchen appliances, click here.
I hope you give this a try. Cheers!