The Simplest Warm Carrot Salad
What do you do when the only vegetable you have on hand is a piece of carrot? Make my Warm Carrot Salad! 🙂
I usually have an aversion for carrots, but I know that I really need to add more veggies to my family’s diet. I came up with the simplest way to make carrots more appealing, especially for garlic-lovers out there.
The recipe below is super-simple and newbie (and noobie)-proof!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 (or more) tablespoons of garlic
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Blanch the carrots in boiling water for a minute. After 1 minute, quickly rinse the carrot in cold water and drain. Set it aside.
- On a medium pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot (you can put your hand over the pan to know if it’s hot enough, make sure not to touch the oil), saute the garlic.
- Once you can smell the garlic aroma, add the carrots and the thyme. Add salt and pepper according to your liking. Cook the carrots until your achieve your desired done-ness.
- Serve as a side dish or as a light meal.
NOTE: You can use other veggies or herbs that you have on hand.
Check out the YouTube Tutorial Here:
Until my next post. Cheers!