You Never Stop Learning
You never stop learning. No matter how old you get, there is always something new to discover. There will still be “Aha!” moments. Be it about an idea, event, people, or even about you. These past few months for me have been proof of what I have just said.
- Older does not necessarily mean wiser. I have met a lot of people who are younger than me but are way mature than I expected. Sometimes it’s not how long you have been around; knowledge is gained depending on how you handle the events that happen in your life. Being a BPO Trainer for so many years, one of the principles that I have learned is that adults learn by making mistakes. That is true; sometimes, you have to make a mistake in order to come up with a solution.
- People who smile at you does not necessarily mean that they mean well. People who frown at you, or what you do, does not necessarily mean that they hate you.
- Be careful who you give your trust to. Period.
- A difficult task is sometimes not really difficult. It’s just there are a lot of other components that has to be done in order to complete it. It may be tedious, but it is doable.
- Do not underestimate kids. They may be small, and they may be young, but they really have a wide understanding of things. They may surprise you with their honesty and how they handle situations. We can definitely learn from them.
- Appreciate everything and everyone that you have. You are way luckier than others.
- If you are passionate about something, do it. Your mind will not rest until you at least try to do it. It’s never too late to do what you love.
- Home is not a place. It is a frame of mind.
- It matters how hard you fall. Because it will hurt you. But standing up matters more. Take your time. You will get there.
- Depression is real. It should be taken seriously. It does not recognize age, physical condition, orientation, or anything else. Mental health is important. Give yourself a mental break. You deserve it.
- Do not judge others not because you are afraid of being judged. Do not judge other people because you have no idea what they are going through. If you are sitting on a high horse, it’s about time for you to get down from it.
- There IS a reason why our brains are placed higher that our hearts. I will let you figure that one out for yourself. 😊
- Sometimes, you just cannot deal with all the things that are going on around you. Do not feel guilty if you give yourself time to regroup your thoughts. You mat find the answer there.
- Do not feel obligated to be nice to people who are nice to you. Be nice because you want to, and because it is the right thing to do.
These are just some of the things that are on top of my head. I am sure there’s more, and I will write another post once I figure that out.
Why am I sharing this? I believe in the saying that a candle does not lose its light by lightning another candle. Sure, that candle can shine brighter than the first one, but it would not have been able to give light without that first candle’s help. If you really are sincere about helping others, you will genuinely be happy if they exceed you, or your expectations of them. If others have helped you, do not forget to acknowledge and to recognize the impact of the help you received.
I hope this helps anyone who is reading this. My goal, when I started this blog, is to not only share my love of cooking, but to also be my platform in helping other people with my words.
Take it easy guys!
Until my next post.